04 September 2007

Skin 'n Bones

If you have ever seen me in person (especially in a swim suit or leotard) you know that I am not the burliest of fellows. One of my favorite comments to receive is, "Wow Christian, you're so skinny. Don't you eat enough?" Sometimes I want to say to these commenters, "Gee Commenter, I've never noticed. Thank you for telling me. By the way, you're fat. You should try out for Super Size Me 2." But I never do. I'm too nice.

But now, thanks to this article, I can calmly respond, "Commenter, I have the adipose gene, more commonly known as the skinny gene. Scientists say that mice engineered to have efficient versions of the adipose gene were much sleeker than their normal counterparts. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

I recently borrowed a high-tech computer from NASA to see what I would look like if I didn't have this so-called skinny gene. Take a peek at the results:
Wow, that's pretty dramatic stuff. Thank you NASA. And thank you adipose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that you come from the same gene pool as Uncle Brooks...nenever say this could never happen to you!