06 September 2007

Real Lemons!

My favorite beverage is juice. Cranberry. Apple. Orange. Grape. All delicious. And I love a frosty glass of lemonade on a hot summer day as much as the next guy. Thanks to amazing marketing ploys, I usually buy name brands. I guess the higher prices and snazzy logos make me think that I’m drinking higher quality beverages.

That’s why I was surprised the other day when the Minute Maid carton felt the need to reassure me that its lemonade was “Made With Real Lemons.” Why was this ever in question? How else can you make lemonade? That's like Long John Silvers selling fish sticks "Made With Real Fish." Or Starbucks selling lattes "Made With Real Coffee." Or McDonald's selling Chicken McNuggets "Made With Real Chicken." (Actually that one is pretty necessary).
Thank you Minute Maid for letting me know that there are real lemons in your All Natural Premium Lemonade.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I don't know how I feel about your sentence, "My favorite beverage is juice." It just seems a little too broad. I mean, it's like me saying, "My favorite football team is the NFC East" or "My favorite band is classic rock." I mean, does poo juice count as one of your favorite beverages? How about mayo juice... made with real mayo? From your sentence, I have to assume that they are your favorite beverages.

Just a thought.

That said, we all know that chocolate milk is a superior favorite beverage to "juice."

C-Biscuit said...

for any of you who don't know ben, the author of the above comment, i think he's made it pretty obvious he's a lawyer. thank you ben.