14 October 2007

Bar-eaking it down

Yesterday I got word that I passed the Washington State Bar (664 out of 909 applicants passed, or 70.9%) . I celebrated this momentous occasion by eating a vanilla Pudding Pop. I'm still not sure what passing the bar really means because I don't have any idea what lawyers actually do (apparently besides renovating apartments, test-playing video games, and weeding yards). But, I'm glad I passed because I spent a lot of money and the whole summer to study for that test. Although, knowing my luck, I will probably end up working in another state and will have to take it again. But for now, three cheers for me. If you're interested in congratulating me, you can send miscellaneous baked goods or golf equipment.
Here's the bar letter and my mission call letter from 1997. I know I look the same in both photos so I'll just tell you that the one on the right is the bar letter. (How did I become so handsome after starting out so gangly?)

5 comments:

Braun Family said...

augurone! knew you could do it. best of luck with the weeding.

Amanda said...

Congrats! When did you finally discover that bowl cuts were out?

Abbie said...

So are you trying to get a job or what?

Ben said...

Why is my wife so mean to you?

Anyway, congrats again. Next stop, the Supreme Court!!!

michal & david coombs said...

a pudding pop?! where did you find them? i didn't think they were made anymore. those were the best treats!