30 October 2007

NBA All-Ugly Team

In honor of the NBA season starting today, here is my vote for the All-Ugly Team. (No offense to anyone on the team but I'm betting they don't read my blog anyway. Plus, they're all millionaires so who's getting the last laugh?)


Greg Oden. What an honor for a rookie! And luckily, his season-ending knee injury won't keep him from leading this team to victory.


Sam Cassell. Charles Barkley says Sam looks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Either way, he could be the captain of this team.


Ronald "Popeye" Jones. I'm still trying to figure out where the nickname "Popeye" came from. Any ideas?


Gheorghe Mursean. He's 7'7" and that's not helping him any.


Tim Frost. He never made it to the NBA but I'm giving him a special exemption for obvious reasons. When he played against my school, students in the front row held up signs that said, "T-I-M-F-R-O-S-T-I-S-U-G-L-Y." I think that was really mean but I guess sometimes the truth hurts.


Scottie Pippen (First Alternate). Scottie was always second best because of Michael Jordan. This time he's second best because of Greg Oden, Sam Cassell, Popeye Jones, Gheorghe Mursean, and Tim Frost. At least with MJ he got championship rings. Sorry dude.

3 comments:

two forks said...

poor scottie, he's not that bad!

Jerkolas said...

Yes Utah has had many fugly players, but what they lack in physical attractiveness they more than make up for in cougar whooping ability!

jscores said...

I can't believe you left out Stephen Jackson on the Warriors.