24 October 2007

You might be working construction when...

***WARNING: SOME OF THE LANGUAGE BELOW MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR SOME READERS***
...your boss has a scraggly mustache, is covered in paint from head to toe, and knows more creative ways to use swear words than Billy Bob Thornton. Example: Did you know you can say your car broke down by saying it went "t*ts up"? I sure didn't but I think I will say that the next time Robin's car breaks down. Also, at this job there's no such thing as a hammer. Only #@$*ing hammers. Watch out for Peter, Paul, and Mary's upcoming remix of their eponymous 1962 hit. And to top it off, on my first day I received some great leadership advice from him: "If you can't dazzle 'em with your brains, baffle 'em with your bullsh*t." And to think I never learned any of this in college or law school!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - are you looking for a job using your JD? Because any day being a lawyer is WAY better than a 100 days working construction. Seriously.

C-Biscuit said...

Thanks for the tip, Anonymous, but this is my dream job.