15 November 2007

In Da Club


You probably know what The Club is but if not, let me show you what its website says:

The Club® is the original, patented vehicle steering wheel lock and the #1 selling mechanical anti-theft device for cars and trucks. With 95% top of mind, national awareness, the Club® brand has become synonymous with automotive security. The number of personal property items stolen each year is staggering, with the annual property theft rate in the United States at roughly $12 billion, and auto theft accounting for a little more than half of that figure. Thieves are targeting more and more valuable items, such as tools, trailers, ladders, recreational vehicles, bicycles and spare tires. People are not only concerned about protecting vehicles, but they also want to protect and secure anything on it, in it, pulled by it, or related to it.

So, the other day I was walking to my piano lesson (I can play Mozart already), minding my own business, when I saw this beauty:


Nothing too crazy here. Just a ghetto hoopty that hasn't moved for weeks.
















If you look closely you will see a spider web up in the grill.

















No offense to this thing's owner, but I have a hunch this isn't the kind of car The Club had in mind. I mean, seriously, what about this car would tempt a car thief? The rusty trim? The broken grill? The sagging bumper? The car's 20-year lifespan? Come on!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Bro faithfully uses our club everyday. He's a little obsessed. But then again, our car has never been broken into, so it must be working.

Abbie said...

Maybe I'm just out of it but what the heck does SSMINNOW mean?