29 November 2007

A Night in the Life

This morning I woke up thinking that I sleepwalked last night. But I couldn't really remember any details so I got on with my morning. Things went well at first. I got dressed. I made my Carnation instant breakfast. I checked out SportsCenter for a few minutes. I packed my lunch. Then I was ready to go. I went to the key rack but the problem was my house keys were missing. The car keys were there but no house keys. How peculiar. I always put both sets of keys on the rack. I looked on the dresser, in the pocket of the jacket I wore yesterday. Nothing. Then I noticed my robe was draped over the sofa. I thought, "That's weird. I haven't worn that thing for ages." But sure enough, the keys were right inside the robe pocket. This leads me to believe that I got up, took the robe off the bedroom door hook, put it on, went to the kitchen, put the house keys in my robe, took off the robe with the keys inside, left it in the living room, and went back to bed. I'm still a little fuzzy on the details but that's basically a night in the life of a sleepwalker.

3 comments:

two forks said...

the details include: you, jolting out of bed and running to the bathroom (or so i thought). you, dashing back into our room and hugging yourself while making very loud shivering noises. you then put the robe on, repeated the shivering display and ran out of the room. you returned about minutes later sans robe.

michal & david coombs said...

maybe you went for a midnight jog in your robe?

Yaj said...

It's genetic, except for the flashing...