02 December 2007

BYWho?

So Robin and I drove down to Portland on Saturday to see the BYU basketball team play the University of Portland. Needless to say, BYU won. But, the best part was that there were 5 times as many BYU fans as UP fans. Usually when you go to a sporting event, the visiting team gets booed when they enter the arena. Not this time. BYU got more cheers than the home team. The other best part was that apparently it was P-Day (at 7 p.m.???) because there were about 70 missionaries dressed in their suits and black name tags. I guess the guy behind us and his son had never seen Mormon Elders because when the kid asked his dad why "those BYU fans" were wearing suits and ties, the dad said, "I don't know. I guess they just got off work." Yeah, that sounds like a good explanation to me, too.

4 comments:

Ben said...

That's a pretty long drive to go watch a BYU basketball game. I thought you only went to BYU games when they were playing the U and you could jeer Tim Frost.

Abbie said...

That's a great picture.

Sunny said...

My uncle is the mission president of that mission. The skinny on that is a former missionary from the Portland mission was playing for BYU. A member bought tickets for the missionaries and they were allowed to go if they got a ride.

Yaj said...

I usually go to basketball games after work in my suit too... gotta dress for success...