25 December 2007

Merry Christmas!



A Merry Christmas to all!

Christmas was pretty magical when you were little. I remember falling asleep the night before, too excited to sleep, then waking up when it was still dark to sneak upstairs and see which gifts magically appeared under the tree. Now Christmas has become mostly commercialized and you can't even say the word "Christmas" for fear of offending someone. (I personally wouldn't be offended if I lived in a country where Christmas wasn't celebrated but other religious holidays were, and someone said "Happy _______" to me, but whatever). Apparently I've always been a little cynical about Christmas. I don't really remember ever believing in Santa; even when I was really little I knew that it didn't make sense for Santa and his elves to be making toys in his workshop when there were toy company names like Lego and Mattel on the packaging. Plus we had a woodstove in our fireplace so I knew there was no way a fat man in a red suit was getting down our chimney. I guess I was just a really smart kid.

Past holiday greetings:

2003: When you're using MS Paint, there's only so much you can do.


2004: This is probably my personal favorite. Santa didn't come through until 2006, though.


2005: My head was supposed to be Rudolph's nose but I think it looks like he's eating my head.


2006: How sad that people can't say "Merry Christmas" anymore.

No comments: