06 March 2008

Go Speed Racer


Yesterday I was minding my own business, driving home on Rt. 520. I was pondering whether my next laptop should be a Mac or PC when I looked over and noticed that Bill Gates was driving his green Mercedes next to me. I was a little surprised to see that a robot programmed with Windows wasn't driving for him. Bill was behind the wheel. (I think he was a sign I should get a PC.)

We both took the 108th Avenue exit, which has two lanes in its off-ramp; I was in the left, he was in the right. The line in the right lane was backed up so he totally swerved into my lane and cut me off! (Billionaires think they can do anything.) Then someone else further up did the same thing and we both slammed on the brakes (see photo below.)


I nearly hit him! Most of me is glad I didn't hit him, but it would have made for a better story. Plus I was driving Robin's ghetto Altima so we would have had a good excuse to get a sweet new XTerra. On the other hand I would have given him whiplash, which I bet isn't too pleasant. And I do like my job and I don't know if I would have been able to hide my badge or parking pass in time. On the other hand, can you imagine getting out of your car to exchange insurance information with Bill Gates as hundreds of cars drove by during rush hour? That really would have made for a better story.

5 comments:

two forks said...

why you gotta be hatin' on my altima!? wait, it rains inside the car...

Ben said...

It's probably a good idea that you didn't hit him. I hear he wasn't having a very good day yesterday. Link

Plus, I really don't think it was Bill Gates. He'd probably travel by jet pack or teleportation device, not by Mercedes.

n i c k said...

next time, hit him. then be like, "bro, I was listening to my iPod, talking on my iPhone, when you cut me off... chill out."

then, when you get fired, you can be on one of those weird Geico commercials about how Geico saved you money when Bill Gates hit your Altima. And then you'll be richer than a caveman (that sitcom sucked by the way).

Yaj said...

You should have smacked him and offered him immediate representation...

shortino said...

We just bought a used xterra. probably not as good as a new xterra like you want. i don't know how good it'll be to us, but it sure is "cool". it was basically a knee-jerk, we need 4wd, type of reaction to the record breaking snowfall in wisconsin this year. we made it to the 30's today -- just in time for spring break next week.