17 April 2008

Dear President Bush,

I'm a little offended you didn't invite me to welcome Pope Benedict XVI with you at the airport on Monday. You even invited your daughter, Jenna.

Maybe if you knew about my history with Pope John Paul II, I would have been invited. While I was a missionary in Italy for two years we had a few experiences together that I'd like to share with you:

Here we are in 1998 hanging out at the Vatican together. (I was closer than it looks in the photo.)

Here is the Pope in the Popemobile. Have you gotten a high five from the Pope?

Before I got home from Italy, the Pope sent this postcard to my parents. I didn't even ask him to do it so it was quite an honor. (Unfortunately they didn't take his advice.)


So you see President Bush, I think next time I should be invited to the big airport welcome party.

Sincerely,
C-Biscuit

P.S. When is my tax rebate coming?

7 comments:

Yaj said...

Up on the balcony there, wasn't that Bill beside Il Papa? And in that van, is the Papa ill?

Yaj said...

By the way, that guy whispering into Bush's ear is saying, "Remember, his name isn't "Eggs" Benedict!"

shortino said...

I have almost the exact picture of me meeting the pope at the Vatican (when it was covered in scaffolding getting ready for the jubilee). And Ben was in my ward at UVa. Our list of common friends (yet independently met) keeps growing.

Reed F said...

I got the invite to the White House to see the Pope. You missed out. He did say that you were a Fetcher though.

rachel tanner said...

When did YOU go see THE POPE?!?!?!

the guitarist from hell said...

I met Barry Goldwater. It was better than meeting the Pope.

Yaj said...

When I was a missionary in Ecuador, we baptized a Mother Superior. I can tell you that Il Papa you see here was NOT pleased...