11 May 2008

Mother's Day!



Happy Mother's Day to all, and especially to my very own mother! These flowers are just for you. But because I don't think you read my blog, you may not ever receive them. But in case you do, mother, here is a Mother's Day haiku I wrote for you:

I love Mother's Day,
The second Sunday of May.
Hey, that is today!
__________________
Woodrow Wilson was
The President who declared
In Nineteen-fourteen
__________________
That mothers deserve
Their own day to be honored
And get some flowers.
__________________
Now Mother's Day is
The most popular day to
Eat out, all year long!


Past holiday greetings:

2006: I also had a Harley when I was 2.


2005: Sure enough, I moved out when I was 19.

3 comments:

Yaj said...

There's something about stopping to smell the roses (tulips in this case) that isn't so cool when they smell back...

Your grandmother made that suit for you when you were born and your real baby face may just have been in the picture before that other guy showed up... surreal - Gali would be proud. I think we used that suit for you until you were about 12. By the way, who's that mug in the photo in the background?

Bethanne said...

CHRISTIAN! Omigosh! Seriously, I tried to look you up last month to see what you were up to, but to no avail! How's it going? What are you up to these days? I've got to admit that I have missed the superimposed Christian-heads/faces on everything!

We're in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area now and actually love it (we're surprised too)...but it has been 2 years now. Good times!

How can you ask if I remembered you? Good grief! I'm glad you found us and swapped blog addresses. Don't be a stranger!

Kari said...

Hey Christian! Good to hear from you! Isn't it totally random that Michelle's husband and my husband are in med school together? So I've gotten updates on Nate Rigby but have wondered what happened to the rest of you boys in that apartment! Glad to see you are still alive and well! :)