15 May 2008

Wholesome Swimwear

It's almost summer and you know what that means: swimsuit season! Recently a modest swimsuit line called Wholesome Wear was brought to my attention. These swimsuits are more modest and less revealing than you'd think possible. Here's what their website says about their products:

'Our WaterWear is the first to be introduced because the need for modesty is greatest and the supply is almost non-existent. Swimwear that "highlights the face rather than the body" includes an undergarment with bright colors at the neck and shoulder to draw the eye to the face.'

Here's an example:


Wow, I really could feel my eyes drawn to their faces. That's pretty amazing. But to see if this new style of suit is really right for me, obviously I had to try one on myself:


After searching through the various models, I personally decided on the Extended Slimming Swimmer model because of the leggings, as shown in the photo. I feel that by wearing this suit, my body won't be objectified by wandering eyes of the opposite sex. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. It's about time someone came out with a swimsuit I can wear to dress modestly and still enjoy the ocean, lake, or backyard pool. Plus, I'm sure to attract some Amish babes with this thing. Thank you, Wholesome Wear. Summer, here I come!

After trying out this swimsuit and seeing how great it is, I realized that Robin needs one, too. So, I wrote Wholesome Wear an email with some questions. Here it is:


Unfortunately, I still haven't heard back from them so I guess I will have to choose a suit for Robin on my own. Maybe you can help me by voting on the poll. Here are the three choices:

Which should I get for Robin? Cast your vote on the sidebar!
___________________________________________________________

As of May 25, the results are in:


12 comments:

david & michal coombs said...

definitely the culotte swimwear. this way she can still do cartwheels or sit cross-legged in the sand without feeling embarrassed about a skirt.

Wischmeiers said...

I am voting for Culotte as well. The neon pink would look great with Robin's skin tones and the shorts make it more versatile.... oh yeah and the waistband looks like it can really stretch out for those bloated days! How thought of you to do her swimsuit shopping.

rachel tanner said...

hahahah!
Oh man. I wish I had known about these suits before I went and bought a tankini! Now I feel objectified. HA.

You should get Robin the Culotte Swimmer because i like how it fits and i especially like the glasses on the head.

Jordan said...

Maybe you should look at the swimwear at this site: http://www.modestapparelchristianclothinglydiaofpurpledressescustomsewing.com/modest_swimwear.htm
You'll be...amazed. And sunburns will be a thing of the past.

Yaj said...

Well, looking at that picture of you (flattering by the way) I am reminded of a very old photo of my great grandmother, and a few of her sisters and daughters, snapped at what was apparently a family vacation trip to Atlantic City! I'm guessing it was sometime in the 20's. You ARE missing the flowered hat, though. I'd consider wearing one - then no one would have any choice but to be drawn to your face.

As to Robin, I really like the "Slimming Swimmer," not because she needs slimming, mind you, but the choice of flowers would match her eyes... and smell just as sweet... and then non-objectifying men could stop and smell the roses! On Robin. And not objectify her. And... heeeyyy, this modest Waterwear might not work out the way you planned...! You might miss the objectifying objective.

Yaj said...

By the way, can I see a photo of Robin in the "Slimming Swimmer" in Redskin colors? You know my email. Thanks. I'll be waiting.

Yaj said...

And waiting...

Denise and Laura said...

I think the culotte choice will compliment Robin's denim overalls she sported around DC back when she and I were the hot young things on the DC social scene!

two forks said...

laura, you have no proof i wore denim overalls as late as 2002! oh wait, you just might!

thank you for helping christian with this!!!! it was supposed to be a surprise, but well, i'm just so excited he's actually purchasing something i'll love to wear!! i can't wait to hit the beaches!

Yaj said...

By "hit the beaches" do you mean pound sand?

david & michal coombs said...

so do these suits come with a "use at your own risk" warning when you're in the ocean? all the extra fabric would clearly drag you down in a rip tide.

shortino said...

Finally! Where have these suits been all of my life? Now women can enjoy the beach without being so exposed AND look stylin'. Because hyper-modest girls couldn't just wear a t-shirt and shorts over their suits. No way that would work. As for which one -- Skirted. Especially if it comes with a kite.