21 July 2008

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

Last month Robin went home for a week for a funeral and I was left to fend for myself. Even though I'm an amazing cook, the prospect of eating dinner all alone made me very depressed. I decided to do something about it so I sent an email to some of our friends at church describing my predicament:



Overall the response was overwhelming:







My heart really was touched. So many people cared! And since so many wanted to have me on Monday night and there was only one of me to go around, they got together and decided to have a barbecue in my honor. The food was great, the company even better, and I came through on my promises to entertain:

Most people don't know how good of a reader I am, but kids do.


Here I am baby whispering so this little guy would go to sleep.


Here is the reaction after one of my yarns. It's a typical response.


I think I told one of my jokes here. You can tell by how this young lady is covering her mouth.


Sadly, I couldn't stay all night. But don't worry, we can do it again anytime! Just wait for the email inviting myself over.

5 comments:

two forks said...

even baby hugh thought your joke was good! i'm sad i missed it.

david & michal coombs said...

you are hilarious.

Yaj said...

When I am home alone, I want to be ALONE!* The last thing I want to do is have dinner with a bunch of adults... reading to the kids looked pretty good though! Hopefully there was a separate kid's table for you to sit at during dinner! THAT'S where I would have wanted to be.

How come I didn't get an email inviting you over? Oh, when you come, please don't let the terrorists follow you to my house...

*(Like all last week and this week until Thursday - yikes, it's almost Thursday!!)

Lisa Garcia said...

I've been waiting for this! The girls are still talking about the story you read to them.

shiloh said...

OMG. This is so funny. LOL. I seriously can't believe you sent the email. Jenious! That's seriously hot.