10 February 2009

Seattle Sounders Tryouts

Seattle is getting a new MLS team! It was a bad year for Seattle sports, so we can only hope that things will be different for our first-year soccer team. And with tryouts open to the public, I'm sure just that will happen.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to the tryouts in person (busy with retirement), but I sent in this highlight video of me from 1989-1990. I'm sure the Sounders will be calling me soon.



I don't know about you but I get chills every time I watch that. Yaj, this video is dedicated to you.

6 comments:

two forks said...

this takes my desire to be a soccer mom to a whole new level!!

REEDF said...

WHAT??? I can't believe you didn't call me! This was my "Invincible" or UnReedable moment. DANG YOU VON!

Yaj said...

What I liked was the way you kept switching jerseys! Number 74, then number 18, then 74. Wow, you sure had that other team befuddled and dumbfounded. They didn't know where or who you were. How could they cover a ghost!? Clever!

I'll bet you got that from your Dad.

david & michal coombs said...

check out those legs!!...the shorts aren't too bad, either!

the aaron monsons said...

The fall at 2:00 is my favorite. The goalie totally juiced you!!!

shortino said...

The post might have been the best defender out there, but that is still quite the highlight reel!