17 March 2009

St. Patrick's Day!



I enjoy a holiday as much as the next guy, but St. Patrick's Day is one of those fake man-made holidays. You know, like Valentine's Day or United Nations Day. So I don't get too excited, especially because I'm not Irish, I don't get drunk, and I don't have a pot of gold. But last year I realized an amazing movie that plays on cable every St. Patrick's Day has given me something to look forward to. That's right, it's time again to watch Leprechaun. (Not to mention Leprechaun 2, 3, and Leprechaun 4: In Space.)

If you have nothing to do, or even if you have something very important to do, I recommend checking out the Sci-Fi channel today between 12-2 pm. You won't be disappointed. Leprechaun is one of those movies that should be on the Best Worst Movies Ever list. It has a horrible storyline, horrible special effects, horrible acting, Jennifer Aniston (oh wait, I already mentioned horrible acting,) and a little person (Willow!) as the deadly leprechaun who is obsessed with recovering his stolen gold from simple country folk. Other memorable moments: a painting company called "3 Guys That Paint," a retarded fat guy who sees the leprechaun first but can't get anyone to believe him, the same retarded fat guy who wants to use the leprechaun's stolen gold to get himself an operation and make him "smart," the leprechaun riding a tricycle into town, the leprechaun pogo-sticking an antiques dealer to death, and the leprechaun imitating a child's voice to sing "Ring Around The Posies." It's so bad it's good. For some weird reason it only got 30% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I think that's just another example of the biased left wing media at work. And if I haven't sold you yet, just watch this trailer and tell me this doesn't do it for you:

2 comments:

Yaj said...

If the rest of the movie is as good as the make up on Willow's hand, then this is a GREAT flick!

Sci-Fi here I come!

Yaj said...

Wow - even better!

Little Chuckie vs. Leprechaun!

When, when oh when, is that!?