20 November 2009

Movie Review: New Moon



Last night I went to see the midnight showing of the new Twilight movie. A bunch of friends and I dressed up as Edward to show how devoted we are to this amazing phenomenon sweeping the nation. It makes me so proud to know a fellow BYU alumni wrote such an amazing series of literature. With any luck these books will be considered classics by the time my kids are in high school.

So, about the movie. AMAZING!!! Duh!!! The tension between Bella and Edward was as thick as Charlie Weis' gut. I could totally relate to Edward because I know what it's like to want to suck a girl's blood but she "just wants to be friends." Stick with it buddy and maybe you'll get Bella in the next movie.

As for the fight scenes, SO AMAZING!!! I was a little surprised when the werewolves and vampires started the big final fight by walking towards each other snapping their fingers and singing like in West Side Story, but let me tell you--it really worked. But I will say that at the end when Edward reaches into Jacob's chest and rips out his beating heart as the other vampires yell, "Finish him!" it really seemed like they ripped off Mortal Kombat. Oh well. I still loved it.

Finally, the birth scene was a little scary. When Bella was in labor with the vampire baby I was as antsy as Charlie Weis in line for a buffet dinner to see what it would look like. Then the whole theater made a collective gasp as the doctor said, "It's a boy!" and it latched onto his neck and killed him. That is one feisty little vampire!

Anyway, if you're like me, you're going to love this movie. There's enough action to keep you guys from falling asleep and just enough romance to get your girlfriends to want to make out with you when you get home. See it!!!

3 comments:

two forks said...

are you sure you didn't sleep walk all the way to the movie? i think we really should look into that!

Leiland said...

Amazing review! Spot on in my humble opinion! I was thinking too.. and the only other movie where fans mindlessly dressed up in costumes to go see it was Star Wars. Coincidence? No way Jose - great movies produce like-minded fans!

Yaj said...

Drip, drip, drip.

Love, Joe Sarcasm