31 August 2010

The Office!

Well, the rumors are true: I just got a new job at a certain airplane manufacturing company. I started on Friday and they had me get to work right away:



Also, when I arrived at my orientation meeting and picked up my badge, I was given this envelope containing some first day information:



If you don't know my real name, take my word for it that "Maranick" is really wrong. Then, inside the envelope was a map to get to my new building from the orientation, only it was the wrong map. And when I tracked down my office I found that my computer is still running Office 2003. What?!?!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Congratulations! On the airplane company job (I can only guess what it is), hope you find your way around and update that computer system!

Jerkolas said...

Congrats on the job! Do they need any geneticists?

david&michal said...

i guess you can only go up from here, right?...

Jay said...

Oh, that's MARANICK!

Reading it I thought it said

MARCINICK.

Which would be just as wrong, but just as typical. Given my experience that is... which is longer than yours that is...

But you already knew that, um, that is...

Mark Edwards said...

I just got updated at work last month from Office 97 to 2003. Seriously.