07 October 2010

Birthday Recap

Well, my big day was a few weeks ago. I didn't write a blog the day of like last year because basically I'm out of birthday material. Also, I'm now closer to 40 than 20 and that really depresses me. But I still wanted to show the world my amazing birthday cakes from the past two birthdays, courtesy of my lovely wife.

This year: Super Mario Bros.!!!



(Despite what it may seem, I am actually in my thirties.)

Last year: Legos!!!

(Why am I wearing the same shirt two years in a row??? Another aside: when Robin went into the Lego store to ask if they had any decorations for a birthday party she was planning, they thought it was for her little boy. Little boy no, man child yes.)

Bonus recap from two years ago: Pizza!!!

(Robin found these old invitations in her granny's house. They were scratch and sniff!!)

With any luck, next year I'll get a Twilight cake!

6 comments:

Lildonbro said...

It's just your birthday shirt. I say you make sure to wear it next year too.

P.S. awesome job by your wife on those Super Mario Cupcakes and Lego cakes!

Jay said...

I have to admit, I have never received (or given) a scratch 'n sniff birthday invitation!

Sarah said...

Those cupcakes are amazing.

Can a random stranger from the internet ask a big favour? If you could find out how your wife did the icing on those I would be forever grateful. I would LOVE to do something similiar for my boyfriend for his birthday next month.

The icing looks so smooth. Did she cut it out somehow then put it on afterwards?

C-Biscuit said...

The icing is actually fondant that she dyed with food coloring. She rolled out the different colors and cut out shapes to assemble into the final designs for each cupcake.

Sarah said...

Thanks very much for that! I will definitely be giving these a go!

Connor Mason said...

Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look amazing! Your wife is very talented!