08 April 2011

Tangled!

A while back I told you about my doppelganger. Well, apparently I have another one because people have been telling me that I look like Flynn Rider from the Tangled movie. They mean it as a compliment but I don't really take it that way--not because Flynn is a cartoon but because I think he looks like a dork. And since I've always thought I look like a dork, it doesn't really help my self-image.

Anyway, I haven't seen the movie but here is a side-by-side comparison of the two of us:


Was I the inspiration for Flynn Rider? You be the judge.

Like I said, I don't really know much about Flynn, but I can think of five other Disney princes/protagonists that I'd rather be:

Aladdin. This guy was a diamond in the rough. Plus he had a magic carpet that could actually fly. And a genie who could do great voice-overs.

The Beast. Sure, he was really hairy and grouchy but people stayed out of his way when he wanted some time alone. Plus Mrs. Potts was a great housekeeper.

Prince Eric. He had a palace by the sea and a wife who could really sing! I'd get her to cover "Friday" for me as often as possible.

Quasimodo. I have bad posture anyway so this would be a natural fit for me. Except my eyes look normal. And my friends aren't imaginary gargoyles.

Simba. I've always wanted to be friends with a carefree warthog who takes life one day at a time. I wouldn't be too excited about living in Africa, though. I've lost enough money to the Nigerian money wiring scams already!

4 comments:

two forks said...

husband,
after considering the other options, i'd have to say i still like you most as flynn rider.
love, wife

david&michal said...

what about gaston? that guy was roughly the size of a barge!

Jay said...

How about the Lemur King on "Madagascar?" Perfect fit... well, minus the Indian accent.

calizona said...

Do not deny the obvious.